Monday, July 25, 2011

Jalapeno Popper Dip

I made this dip on Sunday afternoon. I found the recipe on Pinterest (I heart Pinterest!) I knew I could make this without having to go to the grocery store... I just substituted a few things and it turned out great! I used Mozzarella instead of Cheddar and 5 Jalapenos from our garden instead of one of those little cans of pickled and 2 whole jalapenos.

Ingredients for Dip
1 (8 oz) block cream cheese (room temp)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup Mozzarella, grated (Cheddar if you have it)
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
5 jalapenos, seeded and chopped (or you could use a 4oz can of pickled jalapenos and 2 jalapenos, more or less to your liking)
a splash of white vinegar ***Omit if you are using can of jalapenos

Ingredients for Topping
1.4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan

Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix together the cream cheese, mayo, both cheeses, jalapenos, and vinegar (I used vinegar because the mix needed a little more liquid to get to the right consistency)








Put cream cheese mixture into a baking dish - I put it in 2 small ramekins. Mix the Parm and breadcrumbs together and put over the top of the cream cheese mixture evenly.

Put in the oven for 10-20 min - until the top is golden brown and the sides are bubbling. Serve with tortilla chips, bread, or pita chips.

Note: If you want to make this for a lot of people you need to double or triple the recipe. This was enough for about 3 of us before we ate dinner. Which I didn't take any pictures of :( We had grilled grouper - that Ed caught when we went deep sea fishing over 4th of July weekend!- marinated in soy sauce, sesame seed oil, rice vinegar and some sriracha- grilled Cajun spiced bay scallops and shrimp- grilled bell peppers - coleslaw -  hush puppies - and a salad. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment